Enhancements to the super visa program for parents and grandparents will help reunite families more efficiently and for longer.
What does the new Super Visa Program mean for families who want to live together?
How would you describe the current situation regarding immigration to Canada?
Immigration to Canada has become increasingly complex over the years. Over 1.3 million new immigrants settled in Canada from 2016 to 2021. Canada has one of the highest growth rates per population, with around 30,000 new immigrants annually. This growth has created significant backlogs at the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
To address these challenges, CIC introduced the Super Visa Program in 2017. The new program allows eligible applicants who meet specific criteria to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system. The Super Visa Program aims to provide greater access to family reunification for those who qualify.
In precedence to this, The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Sean Fraser, recently announced enhancements to the Super Visa Program to reunite Canadians with their parents and grandparents.
Two significant changes that came into effect on July 4, 2022, are:
- Canadian super visa holders can stay up to 5 years per entry. Earlier, these super visa holders could further seek visa extensions for up to 2 years during their stay in Canada.
- Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship can designate international medical insurance companies to extend the coverage to super visa holders in the future. Earlier, only Canadian insurance providers could provide the necessary medical coverage. Any designated medical insurance company outside Canada is not communicated on IRCC’s website.
About Super Visa in Canada
The Government of Canada launched the Super Visa Program in 2011. It is a temporary visa given to the grandparents and parents of permanent residents in Canada to stay up to 5 consecutive years for the initial entry with no requirement to renew their status.
To be the grandparents or parents of Canadian permanent residents and Canadian citizens.
- A) A signed letter from the child/ children or grandchild/ grandchildren inviting you to Canada with a
- promise for financial support for the stay in Canada
- the number of people in the family of this person
- A copy of the permanent resident document or Canadian citizenship
- B) Obtain medical insurance from a Medical Insurance company in Canada:
- valid for at least one year from the entry date
- proof such as receipts that the medical insurance has been paid
- Coverage of at least $100,000
Process of Applying for Super Visa
To begin the application process, you must fill out several forms and comply with a Super Visa’s eligibility requirements. Here are the steps to be followed for the Super Visa Application process:
- Confirmation regarding your eligibility for Canadian Super Visa
- Obtaining medical insurance complying with the Super Visa requirements.
- Completing the documentation for Super Visa
- Submission of Super Visa Application along with required documents
- Wait time for approval and response to additional requests for information
- Sending passport for stamping
The process of applying super visa involves a lot of documentation and a lengthy application process which can be hectic and subject to many rejections. Hence, Aarambh Immigration is an incredible rescue that takes you through a smooth process of Super Visa Application. Call us now to know more about the process.
If you are looking for a convenient super visa application to Canada, Aarambh immigration is just a click away!